Saturday, March 17, 2012

Castle Garden


The photograph I used is from a WC acquaintance, Lin, who shared it on the Gouache Corner. I've taken some liberties with it, cropping and rearranging things. The stairway and path are inevitably the area of interest. I think the flowers on the right effectively balance it, especially since the shadow links the two sides visually.

I told you I'm totally in the mood for spring--this satisfies that itch. (Sorry, maybe I shouldn't mention spring and itch simultaneously. Too many of you are suffering the itchy eyes and noses of springtime allergies!)

It's painted on a piece of Canvas Paper, giving some nice textural notes. I like the way the distant foliage under the arch looks, and the walkway and wall use this texture well, too. All in all, this is a very satisfying painting to me right now.

And just so you have a reminder of the scale...



~Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...