Saturday, March 12, 2011

High Plains

High Plains, 2.5" x 3.5", gouache

Last Saturday I did a demonstration for the New Mexico Watercolor Society and this is the result. At the point I stopped last week, this is how it looked:


It's on a piece of Arches 300 lb. cold-press paper and is a view I've painted before, drawn from the spectacular scene I often see as I drive down the hill from my house. I always wish I had time to compete a painting at a demo, but it seems the excitement and distraction keeps me from doing that.

I was delighted to paint and talk about gouache before this large, active group. They're busy finalizing plans for the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies Show, which they are hosting this year in Albuquerque, May 6-June 5. I'm sure it will be an excellent show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...