Thursday, March 17, 2011

Reflection


A different kind of reflection this time! I've become intrigued with faces in miniature lately. I'm going to post a couple of these over the next few days. Totally experimental, loads of fun, probably a long, long way to go...

They aren't going to be for sale because I'll be referring back to the first few. This one was painted from a photo from the Reference Image Library at WetCanvas. I'm not sure it looks that much like the girl, but that isn't my greatest concern. I want to use good contrast, capture a mood, and paint loosely, with painterly strokes and fresh colors. This one pleased me.

And yes, it's the same size, 3.5" x 2.5", and is painted on Pastelmat.

NFS

3 comments:

  1. I'm utterly blown away by how much detail you are able to get in such a small piece. I don't know that you have all that far to go, but I think you will have fun getting there. Wherever there is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, the best of these on view !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo, sorry I missed your post back on the 18th! Thank you! "There" is relative, isn't it??

    Thanks, Anonymous-- I love the painterliness of this one and would love to be able to begin to express things with this same style and loose quality. Glad to hear you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...