Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Catching Up After a Year...

Hi there... I know, the work here is pretty stale, isn't it?

I've been posting most of my work on a blog I began when I wasn't painting as often in gouache (Depicting Things). Over there you can see a few more of my gouache paintings, as well as some watercolors and drawings.

Not long ago it became clear that a lot of people are here looking at the work, and I'm back to gouache painting for the most part, so I think it's time to do a little catching up and begin posting here more often than I have.


Let's see... in March 2018 we took a wonderful trip from our home in Albuquerque to a family wedding in Mobile, Alabama. We drove--I should say my husband drove, while I painted much of the way there and back.  I took this little kit, using an Altoids tin palette that I could easily place on a pillow on my lap, painting in a Moleskine watercolor sketchpad. 



 Here are some of the paintings.













And here are a selection of gouache paintings done in the last year.











All of these are 2.5" x 3.5" in size, my standard ATC size (Artist Trading Cards), on a variety of papers. 

Thanks for staying with me here. If you have questions, please ask them. I'm happy to answer here. 

Deborah


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful record of your trip Deborah, it just shows what can be done with a minimal kit. Good to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doug. Yes, my little system seemed to work pretty well, happily. Since then I have a new Altoids tin with a plastic divider for 15 colors. It works well!

      Delete
  2. Deborah, thank you for sharing your beautiful work. I'm enjoying it very much. You've definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...