Thursday, November 25, 2010

Shining River


On Monday I was able to go out with my husband for a nice long walk in the bosque along the Rio Grande. It was a windy, exciting morning, with the leaves swirling around us and clouds scudding by overhead. I love the dry colors of fall mixed with the lingering greens. The river was quite high again since the Conservancy closed all the ditches, so we were treated to the sheen of sunlight on the deep, moving water.

The painting is on Arches cold press. I enjoy the contrasts in the sky, which seems to capture my impression of clouds flying by.


No longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...