Thursday, March 24, 2011

Steven


I borrowed this photo from WetCanvas, too, and have never met this man. The name on the file is Steven. I couldn't think of a title, so Steven it is! I painted it on Illustration Board, which lets the paint sit on top of the paper. It's a much different experience than painting on the softer papers like Arches or Pastelmat. Every stroke shows up! I really like the hat and lanyard and decided to leave it in place, boldly black, which seems to draw the eye to his face. I'm most pleased with the glasses and with his beard. I'm still learning!

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...