Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gibb River


This is a painting done from a photo provided by an acquaintance for a challenge over at WetCanvas. We have a monthly thread with photos we share, and this is the Gibb River Road in the Kimberley, Northwestern Australia. Nola tells me, "The Gibb River Road is very famous and a lot of people aspire to travel it. There is spectacular scenery in the gorges, etc., along the road, and you only go if you have an extremely sturdy 4 wheel drive as it is all corrugated gravel. This was taken at Wynjanna Gorge." I'm fairly certain I've added a touch of New Mexico influence to it, so let's say it's a Southwestern version of the area! Thanks, Nola, for the inspiration.

On Canva-Paper.

$50.
Paypal or personal check

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...