Sunday, May 22, 2011

Brilliance


This painting is on Pastelmat, which allows me to build up color in layers. I really enjoyed creating that punch of orange amid the gray, and developing the color of the middle distant red-violet clouds, but it was the tiny last touches of light in the dark landscape that did the trick. All of a sudden the painting seemed complete. I try to pay attention to that voice in my head that says 'enough!' I could easily go on to dibble and dabble and explain more, but usually it isn't needed. The statement has already been made.

$50.
Paypal or personal check

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...