Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shady Spots and Flower Pots


I had such fun painting these flowers in their pots. The idea was simply to challenge myself to paint nine of them--odd numbers being so interesting--and see what happened. Individually the paintings please me, but together I think they made a really beautiful collection!

In order to show you how they look I'm including a shot I took before framing them, just loosely arranged on the table. You can see the individual paintings fairly well this way. (You'll notice they aren't in the same arrangement as when I matted them. I spent quite a while deciding on the perfect order for them!)




2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...