Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rocky Red and Greens


The monumental quality of the red rocks throughout the southwest are fascinating, and the natural contrast of red rock and green trees against a blue sky is just stunning. As much as I enjoyed the light and shadow on the rocks, it was the sky that I had the most fun with on this one. It's painted on Bristol paper, which is so hard that the paint stays atop the surface, so for this sky I really rolled on some water and let the blue paint run down as I dabbed in thick white clouds. Whatever happened was fine with me (with only a little urging here and there.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...