Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Face the Sun


Another blue sky and pink rose--this one in full bloom. He's actually a companion to Sunshine Rose, as they were side by side in the photograph I used. This one is against a slightly deeper blue sky, a bit quieter and...dare I say more mature looking? :)

I'm pleased with the loose strokes and truthfully I like the striations in the sky. They add a suggestion of movement to it. The big face of the rose looks as if it's just basking in the sunlight to me.

Ah! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring. It can't still be winter... Well, soon enough the roses will bloom again, all in God's good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...