Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Georgia Garden


Nope, I don't live in Georgia! This is a photo that Phyllis Franklin allowed me to use, taken in early spring in a garden near her home. It's simply breathtaking to a New Mexico girl to see all that green, all those lush flowers and the dazzling azaleas! I had to give it a whirl.

I like the sense of the light encircling the big tree, which remains mostly in shade. It gives a nice path for the eye. My favorite part is the texture and colors on the tree trunk, however. It stabilizes the composition, like the hub of a wheel.

It's back to my usual 2.5" x 3.5" format, this time on Bristol paper. 

~Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

One Inch Project, Numbers 9-17

I'm better at painting these one square inch paintings than I've been about posting them! I'm still having fun exploring these t...