Monday, September 3, 2012

Asian Pear, Tomato Nook

Asian Pear

Tomato Nook

Both of these are 5"x5", which is fairly large for me! I used Arches 300 lb. cold press watercolor paper, giving it that nice texture, and used looser strokes. My husband brought home the Asian Pear to me and I had to paint it before giving it a taste test... 

It was fun experimenting with the reflective bowl. I like the reflection of the pear. It's something I intend to continue painting. The interior of the bowl makes an interesting nook for the tomato, not as highly reflective, with a soft, dull sheen. It made the colors inside the bowl completely different than those outside, a trait I want to experiment with further.


~Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...