Sunday, May 3, 2015

Gouache Goes On!

Viviane's Roses, gouache on Arches 300 c/p, 2.5" x 3.5" 

I'm starting to get back to more gouache, so I think I may revive this blog. I'll post some of the gouache I've done in the last year here, and leave Depticting Things for drawings and other media. 

The entire time I painted Viviane's Roses, I kept reminding myself to just have some fun. A Facebook friend said it looks Victorian. (Thanks, Toni! Hope you enjoy it!) I agree, but I can't quite put my finger on the reason why. The photo I used, on loan from a friend, was a lot less structured. I added the suggestion of a vase.

Favorite part: The star of the show rose at the bottom pleases me. I painted the flowers in three stages: medium, dark and light. I particularly like the juicy pink petal at the bottom, as it catches the light and comes forward nicely. Sometimes thicker paint is useful that way.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see yur gouache minis again Deborah. Thanks for the tips on technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...