Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A touch of Iridescence


This one was looking pretty boring to me, so I went back into it with some iridescent colors. I have a full set of Daniel Smith (watercolor) color dots, which are a sampler of their entire line. They've turned out to be an incredibly fun way to paint, using colors I'd never have chosen for my regular palette.

I think you can see the iridescence, since I shot it in the sunlight. That coppery sheen is a little more subtle and fascinating in person, and the gold and lavender have iridescent colors over them, as well as some in the dark foreground.

I find myself mixing gouache and watercolor more and more, since I've never been a watercolor purist anyway!

Gouache and watercolor, 2.5" x 3.5" on Arches 140 lb cold press paper.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...