Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Book!

I've mentioned the book I recently designed a time or two on the blog and today it arrived. I have to say that I'm impressed.

It's quite a nice little softcover book. I included 68 paintings and three step-by-step demonstrations, as well as the text of the article that was in Watercolor Artist magazine in February, called Emergency Inspiration Kit. I've had a lot of paintings shown in magazines, due to my association as a writer for The Pastel Journal, The Artist's Magazine, and Watercolor Artist over the last 12 years, so I was a bit skeptical about the quality that an online publisher such as Blurb could produce. I worked hard to lay it out so that the paintings are life-sized, and they are. The book itself is only 7" x 7" in size. The intimacy of this scale is well suited to showcasing these 2.5" x 3.5" paintings.

So let me reiterate that although this is not a big, impressive book, it is a very nice little collection of photographs that pretty accurately represents my paintings, and I'm most pleased with it. I'm quite happy to offer it for sale to anyone who is interested. I kept the price modest, of course, and you can preview every page, so you'll know what you're getting.

I hope you enjoy it.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah!! This is fantastic!!! I am just so impressed. You have been a busy bee and this has just turned out beautifully! I love the simplicity of the design and ease in which the viewer can enjoy your beautiful works!!
    One word...
    FABULOUS!!!!!
    :) susan jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, thanks so much! I'm so pleased with the overall look of this book. Blurb did a good job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...