Sunday, October 17, 2010

Showoff


I can't help it--apples just seem like they're people. It must be the roundness that makes me think of a head or body. This one looks like he's showing off as he stands in the spotlight. I almost expect him to toss out his arms to each side as he looks up into the light... Trust me, on the other side this little guy had a big grin! I found it tough to compose with a single round object, but I believe this one works. The shadow helps, and I love the glisten.

On Arches 300 lb. cold press paper.

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Yes... this apple does have personality!!! What a star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan. He is a perky little character. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...