Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Sisters


A couple of miles up behind my house is a volcanic outcrop where there are a lot of ancient petroglyphs, and beyond that is this lineup of extinct volcanoes we call the Three Sisters. I love seeing the fall grasses on the high mesa dancing in the cool wind. The black volcanic rock pops up out of the sea of grass, sometimes  looking like the buried backbone of a giant mythical creature asleep there.

It's on Arches 300-lb. cold press, which gives it just the right texture to express the miles of grass on the plains.

$50.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Splashing Around in Spring

I was recently inspired by some floral watercolor paintings I spotted on Instagram. Pamela Harnois does these lovely, quick, colorful floral...