Friday, March 30, 2012

Summer Stand


Years ago I visited the Blanco Basin up near Pagosa Springs and took the photo that inspired this little painting. It was a ripe summer day, clear blue sky, looming mountains, with wide fields through which the road meandered. I think it's the relationship of the trees, like a family admiring a youngster, that appeals to me. They all stand at the same distance, as if they're posing for the photo. I like that. I probably should have come up with some clever title relating to it... Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy a family moment in the midst of a summer day.

~Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

One Inch Project, Numbers 9-17

I'm better at painting these one square inch paintings than I've been about posting them! I'm still having fun exploring these t...