Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sandia Summer


I love the rich, deep jewel tones of this little painting. Our mountain in summertime really resembles a big slice of watermelon! My friend McKenzie took the photo I used for the reference, although I've played with it a lot. The contrast of the magenta, orange and red-violets with the various greens gives it some pop, that's for sure.

Ironically, despite a couple of weeks of nice, warm weather, today we had SNOW! It's definitely most welcome, as we need the moisture, but I'm a flip-flops and tee-shirt kinda gal. So today I needed summertime on the blog. (They're calling for a high of 80 degrees (F) soon.)

~Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...