Monday, March 8, 2021

One Inch Project: Experiment

 

This painting was an experiment done to see if I could use loose edges on a one square inch painting. It got a lot larger than one square inch--probably closer to two square inches, give or take. The paper is 4" x 4".  

That's part of the nature of experimentation, of course, just trying it to see if it works. I'm actually very encouraged by this one. I like the painterly edges, which seem to give it a sense of movement, adding to the exuberant feel. 

So I think I'll play around some more, respecting the scale more carefully, to see if I can retain the joy, energy and drama in this transitional piece. 

I expect some future paintings will have neatly taped edges, while others escape, depending on what each painting needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...