Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lacy Mesa Morning


Yes, if it looks familiar, you're right! It's from a view I see quite often, and I have a photo that always intrigues me, so I used it again.  The delicate sunrise colors please me. I wanted the mesa and that lacy tree to have enough detail to satisfy, but not become distractingly busy. I painted the details there and then added a wash over the top to unify the whole thing, then picked out a few more details again. I also used a fun technique on the backlit trees. I painted them in medium-dark green, then added the dark at the bottom and used a shader brush to integrate it. Once that was dry I added the  light and did essentially the same thing, allowing the lights to dry every so slightly more to allow it to stay bright and not so blended.

I hope you like it.

$50.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

The Intention to Blog...

I always have such good intentions to post my paintings on this blog. (Isn't there something about the road paved with good intentions?)...